Friday, August 2, 2013

Give Me 5 for Friday: 5 Good Things

I have made a decision to be positive.  I have been a whiny little complainer lately and I am sick of my own voice.

So for Give Me 5 for Friday, I am going to focus on 5 good things...



1.  The kids are healthy.  Number 1, most important good thing.  ALWAYS a good thing, period!

2.  I got the new job I wanted.  I shared this on facebook...but I am SUPER EXCITED to have gotten this job!  It's teaching special education at a great school, with terrific staff, and great students.  I start on August 19th!  But don't go losing any sleep, I'm still going to find some for this little blog.  I know you were worried...but I'm not going anywhere.

3.  We are ordering pizza for dinner...so that means I'M NOT COOKING.  Woohoo!

4.  I'm still running regularly and working on my goal to run a half marathon.  I'm up to running 7 miles (going to try 8 this weekend)...and I lost 7 pounds in the past month!

5.  There's some wine in my fridge.  That's also ALWAYS a good thing.  Because you never know when you are gonna need a glass of wine.  Like now...I think I might need one NOW.

Also a little shout out to everyone who read my post earlier this week (Maybe I'm not cut out for this?) and left a nice comment.  And for all of you who read it and said that you felt the same way at one time or another, know you are not alone.  Trust me!  Even today I asked myself if I was cut out for the whole mom thing.  Then my 4 (almost 5 in 3 weeks!) year old told me I was the best mom ever.  Of course, this was after I let her have 2 oreos BEFORE lunch...but I'll take it.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Now to go have that glass of wine...Cheers!

alt text

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even though I am horrible at responding to comments, I read every one (even the spam comments trying to sell me cheap Christian Louboutins). Leave a nice comment and I will buy you a drink...someday.