Monday, June 3, 2013

The Year of 35 ~ Updated!

Updated post...see below!

Today I turn 35.

I have a few goals for this year.  And maybe by putting them in writing I will actually work harder to achieve them.

Of course I have the usual goals that I always have every day...to be a good mom and wife and daughter and friend.  To be happy and healthy and to make sure my kids are happy and healthy.  To find out if my neighbors are raising chickens in their small backyard (this is a post for another day).  To remember dentist appointments so I don't get charged a damn $25 no show fee.  To wash more clothes than my kids wear each and every day.  And to figure out when Season 3 of The Walking Dead comes out on DVD because for the life of me, I can't find the effing release date anywhere!

I have other goals very specific to this year.  One scary goal is to close my home daycare and return to teaching.  I have been out of the game for 4 years and I really look forward to go back into the classroom.
That is IF I can get a job.  That's the scary part.  I have to close my daycare and HOPE that I get a teaching position.  I can't NOT work...so I am taking a leap of faith here and hoping it all works out!

Another goal...that I really want to put in writing here and actually DO IT this time...is to lose 35 pounds in this, my 35th year of life.

Just so happens that losing 35 pounds would put me at my goal weight.  So 35 years old and losing 35 pounds just works out :)  AND...I am giving myself a whole year to do it.

How will I do that?  I guess I need to cut out the wine.

I'll wait until you stop laughing...

No, I am not going to cut out a daily occasional glass of wine.  I will cut down.  Cut down on wine and beer and junk food and crap that I KNOW is bad for me.  It's not rocket science here.  Eat better, lose weight.  Right?

The other goal is to run a half marathon this year.  My sister in law and I are thinking of training for a 15k which is in September...so that's a good start.

And if I combine the running with NOT stuffing my face with carbs and fermented grapes....I think I might meet some of these elusive goals. 

Maybe just maybe I will be able to show those before and after pics that I am so envious of when reading about others' weight loss journeys.  Maybe I will have the nerve to share a number here when it is all said and done...you know like a before weight and after weight.  Maybe.  That's still a 50/50 chance at best.

So here I am...sharing my goals for my 35th year.

And since I shared them with you, I don't want to be ashamed when June 3, 2014 rolls around and my rolls are still around, if you know what I mean. 

Wish me luck!!!

UPDATES:

In place of my usual Give Me 5 for Friday post, here are 5 shocking revelations (okay, not really shocking or even all that interesting for that matter)...
Revelation #1:  The neighbors do, in fact, have chickens.  My investigations revealed about 6 of them.  There could be more.  One was peaking through my fence the other day.  I am hoping and praying that I don't wake one morning to find a chicken carcass at my back door.  My cat is a stone cold killer.  Those chickens better watch their backs.

Revelation #2:  Season 3 of The Walking Dead will be released on DVD on August 27th.  That seems like a very long time to me :(  It's torture...

Revelation #3:  I have not lost a single pound this week.

Revelation #4:  Skipping lunch then eating a whole entire bag of cheddar cheese rice snacks is not the same as "cutting back". 
Revelation #5:  On September 15, 2013 (yes, in 3 months), I will be running in the Philadelphia Rock and Roll Half Marathon.  I am super excited! And a bit nervous...

Have a great weekend!
alt text

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Even though I am horrible at responding to comments, I read every one (even the spam comments trying to sell me cheap Christian Louboutins). Leave a nice comment and I will buy you a drink...someday.