Saturday, January 5, 2013

Why yes, that's a tooth in my cupholder.

My oldest daughter found a tooth in our minivan today.  It had been in there since she lost it on our drive home from Disney World.  In August.

Don't all people leave teeth in their cars for months on end?  Oh, what's that?  You don't.

So anyway, she found the tooth in the van and she simply put it in the cup holder for safe keeping. 

I should have known it wouldn't end well.  I told her that if she put it under her pillow tonight that the tooth fairy would definitely pay her a visit. 

Just two hours ago we decided to take a ride to Target...because I have not been there in over a week and frankly I was having withdrawl.  I know that I made a resolution to cut my monthly Target trips by 25% and I really am going to try to do that.  I only spent $40 today...so that's good, right?  Well, I did have a $25 gift card.  But still.  $40 at Target is like nothing for me. 

Ok, where was I?  Oh right, the tooth.

When we got home from Target, I reminded her to get her tooth out of the cupholder.

Then, ever so nonchalantly, my 4 year old said, "I threw that tooth out in the parking lot of the restaurant today because I wanted to put my lemonade in the cupholder.  And that tooth was gross."

Cue the meltdown.

But to be very honest, the meltdown wasn't nearly as bad as I would have imagined.  She cried for a minute because she really wanted her tooth but when I explained that we could leave a note and the tooth fairy would still come, she calmed down and the crisis was averted.

Now I can only imagine the poor person getting out their car to go to lunch today and discovering a tooth on the ground.  Yum, how appetizing.

alt text

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even though I am horrible at responding to comments, I read every one (even the spam comments trying to sell me cheap Christian Louboutins). Leave a nice comment and I will buy you a drink...someday.