Thursday, October 11, 2012

My Girls, they are growin' up...

Each year seems to go by faster than the last.  The girls are getting older by the second (but I am as young as ever).

The signs are all around me...the signs of things to come.  Oh, I can only imagine what the future holds for us when our 3 girls enter those magical teenage years.   But I have been getting a little taste of it.

Some examples:

4 year old now wants input in daily wardrobe options.  7 year old has been bitching giving her input for a few years.


This is what the 4 year old would wear to school if I gave her complete control.

7 year old admitted to "liking" her first boy at school (although she seems over it already).  By the way, we have forbidden boyfriends until their late 20s at the earliest.

Both oldest and middle argue with me over almost everything, but give my husband very minimal grief.  Isn't that par for the course?

They both think they know everything...and that I know nothing.  Apparently I never completed 2nd grade math (or taught 3rd, 4th, and 6th grade math) because my 7 year old tells me almost every night that I don't know what I am doing when I try to help with her homework.

And then, I overheard the other night when I hung the Justin Bieber poster in their room after I put it off for 3 weeks because I really didn't want a Justin Bieber poster in their room in the first place...

(Sound of poster rustling..which I would later discover was caused by the 7 year old kissing the poster.)
7 yr old: No, stop!
4 yr old: I want to kiss "Justin Beaver" too.
7 yr old: No, you are going to get slobber on him.
4 yr old: NO I WON'T.
7 yr old:  It's my poster!
4 yr old: It's BOTH of our poster... MOMMY, she won't let me kiss "Justin Beaver"!



At least I still have a few years of unconditional love and innocence from the almost 2 year old.

Do any of you have teenage girls?  It's not that bad, right?  Right?  Or should I just start stockpiling wine and comfort food now to drown my sorrows?

By the way...if you enjoy my blog, could you please head on over to the right and click on the Top Mommy Blogs link?  One click=one vote.  Thanks!!!


alt text

4 comments:

  1. Thankfully, my teenage girl was not a "boy crazy" girl. No posters, no "real" boyfriends (til her Junior year). My almost-tweener is a different story, though! She is all into Cody Simpson right now ;) When she was in kindergarten, I told her that she couldn't have a boyfriend until she was 30. She said, "Too late, Mom. I already have one." Uhhhhh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dina, that's exactly the deal with my two. Katie, my oldest just started getting into boys at the end of freshman year of HS. My youngest has been boy crazy since she came out of the womb and was flirting with the anesthesiologist. No lie.

    Good luck and most definitely buy stock in a winery now.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have no good advice, and if you read my blog you may get scared. I have a 16 year old and 14 year old. And sometimes they put me in the fetal position crying, wishing that I could jump in my car, head north on the freeway and never look back. Thank god for the five year old. (like you with your 2 year old)
    I go down to my parents house sometimes just to escape them, and get advice. AND to also apologize profusely to my mother because I was one of those 'Teen Girls'
    Good days and bad days. That is what a mother/daughter relationship is.
    Justin Bieber- Just went to the concert with my girls.Kissing a poster is innocent compared to what some of the girls were screaming to him.
    http://mylifeconcoctedbyme.blogspot.com/2012/10/we-saw-biebs-in-concert-cue-screams.html

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Even though I am horrible at responding to comments, I read every one (even the spam comments trying to sell me cheap Christian Louboutins). Leave a nice comment and I will buy you a drink...someday.