Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Day 1: Back on Weight Watchers

I have to decided get back on WW.  Even though I have had success on this before, I also feel like it takes away some of my happiness.  Is that a problem that I equate food with happiness?  Probably.

Today is Day 1.

Here is how it is going...

6:40 am:  Wake up after hitting snooze 3 times.  Stumble to bathroom and weight myself.  Wow, do I really weight that much?  Weigh myself again.  Yes, I guess I do.

8:00 am:  Make oatmeal.  I love oatmeal so making this my morning thing is not a problem.  I can SO make this a lifestyle change. 

8:04 am:  Finished oatmeal. Still hungry.  Eat half a banana.  Record points used.  Easy.

8:10 am:  Make coffee.  Measure out 2 tbsp. of pumpkin spice creamer.  That is good stuff.  Crap, I must normally use more like 4 tbsp.  But I have to make this work...

8:11 am:  Add one more tablespoon of creamer. I'm already cutting down from 4 to 3...this is a step in the right direction.  Record points used.

9:00 am:  Damn, I am starving.  This is crazy.  I should go weight myself to see if I lost anything yet. Of course I didn't.  I just feel like I haven't eaten in days.

9:13 am:  Oh Lord, the hunger is taking over.  Why am I so hungry?  I don't usually even eat that much in the morning.  Or do I?  I need to do this to get myself in check.  The snacking has GOT TO STOP.

9:15 am:  Do I really need to do this diet?  I could just "cut back".  I know how that works though...

9:30 am:  I'll have some ice water with lemon.  I can't believe that I drank my coffee so fast.  Maybe it was because I was so hungry.  For the LOVE OF GOD, when can I eat again?  I need to keep busy.  I'll go play with the kids...

9:34 am:  Still hungry.

10:00 am:  I made it until mid morning.  I can do this.

10:03 am:  People who are naturally thin can kiss my fat ass.  This is ridiculous.

10:05 am:  I'll have some yogurt.

10:08 am:  That was good.  But I'm still hungry.

10:10 am:  Why am I still hungry?  This is a problem.  Maybe I could grab a handful of Doritos.  Just a few...that can't be too many points.  No, put the damn Doritos back in the cabinet.  Mental note: Don't buy Doritos anymore. 

Spend rest of morning playing with kids, cleaning up, cursing people who "don't have to diet", and sipping water.

12:04 pm:  This Sponge Bob macaroni and cheese looks good.  I could have a few bites.  How many points is that really going to be?  And I don't really have to write it down.  I ran yesterday...that would make up for it.  And I will run tomorrow.  I hope it doesn't rain though.  If it rains tomorrow, I'll definitely run on Thursday...

12:05 pm:  One little taste of the mac and cheese...that's it. 

Feed kids lunch, clean up, get everyone down for a nap.

1:16 pm:  Fill up a bowl with romaine lettuce.  Add low fat Italian dressing and salt and pepper.  YUM.  This is good eatin' right here. 

1:19 pm:  Done.  So not satisfied.  If I save up some points, maybe I'll treat myself to some popcorn tonight.  Woo freakin' hoo!

1:20 pm:  I'm surely going to waste away to nothing on this diet.  Maybe I'll sit down and blog about it.  Blogging will keep me busy and take my mind off the Doritos. 

Halfway through Day 1.

To be continued...

alt text

6 comments:

  1. Good luck! I have a mental allergy to diets, I get all bitchy and mean. So I don't diet to save myself and my family from the side effects. That's my excuse and I'm stickin to it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! I usually do okay on this but the first few days suck!

      Delete
  2. You can do it! But even if you don't, you're still beautiful ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds just like me on WW. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm dying!!! I totally relate - i have been half assin' it trying to get back to healthy eating and running...and by half assing, i mean full. I have amazing ideas, hopes and dreams at night, but now i am thinking it would be fun to make oatmeal cookies. YOU CAN DO IT! Do it for me.

    ReplyDelete

Even though I am horrible at responding to comments, I read every one (even the spam comments trying to sell me cheap Christian Louboutins). Leave a nice comment and I will buy you a drink...someday.