Saturday, July 21, 2012

Today.

I woke up this morning before everyone else.  My first thought was to go back to sleep, but then I began to think about how nice it would be to get up in the peace and quiet and go have some coffee downstairs.  Alone.  So nice.

Within 5 minutes, the oldest and youngest were awake.  I will admit, for a minute I was annoyed.  Can't I just get a few minutes of peace?  I have not been alone, without at least 1 (and usually all 3 plus some) all week.  But then I decided that I was being selfish. 

In light of the horrible incident in Colorado, I think I need to take a step back.  Innocent lives were lost.  A child was killed.  Someone has to bury their child.  Those parents would give anything to have their peace and quiet shattered by their 6 year old waking up and disturbing their morning cup of coffee.  Others are grieving the loss of their brother, sister, cousin, parent, friend, or neighbor.  It is horrific.  I don't know that kind of sadness.  I thank god every day for that.

Not only have I been thinking about the tragedy in Colorado, I also have a friend with a sick little girl.  Her daughter is 10 months old and was recently diagnosed with a rare disease and they are still not sure how to go about treating it.  This little girl needs positive thoughts and prayers!  If you are reading it, just send a little positive energy her way;)  It would be greatly appreciated!

So, you see, these things put it all in perspective. 

I will let my kids make a mess today.  I will give them extra ice cream today.  I will try not to yell (as much) today.  I will try to be more patient today.  I will appreciate the little things today.  I will give them extra hugs today.





4 comments:

  1. Amen my friend! Love this, love you. Thanks for linking up again this week! Wouldn't be the same without you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Positive thoughts are being sent her way. Looking forward to reading some more of your posts. Thank you, Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Couldn't have said it better myself! It's all about the little things my friend! So many times I am annoyed by something my kids are doing, and as soon as I yell at them I think to myself you're going to miss this someday! Just stopped by to let you know that I nominated you for the Sunshine Blogger and the Versatile Blogger Award! Come on over and pick them up at...

    http://figuringitoutaswegrow.blogspot.com/2012/07/they-like-me-they-really-like-me.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm tagging your awesome blog with a Versatile Blogger Award. I hope you'll accept as I did when it was given to me. I just did a post on it so go to my blog for all the info. Cheers and keep blogging!

    Teri
    Snarkfest: http://teri-b.tumblr.com/post/28307429152/im-versatile-who-knew

    ReplyDelete

Even though I am horrible at responding to comments, I read every one (even the spam comments trying to sell me cheap Christian Louboutins). Leave a nice comment and I will buy you a drink...someday.