Wednesday, January 18, 2012

It's not all sugar and spice...

I have 3 daughters.  People always look at me when I say that and say, "Oh no, 3 weddings." Or they say, "Your poor husband."

Well, how about 3 COLLEGE educations or all of the other way more important things we will have to pay for before a wedding is even a thought?  How about if they all don't get married?  Just because I have 3 girls does not mean that they will all get married or have a big wedding.  Knowing my middle daughter...she just might run off and elope.  Who knows.

Oh, and guess what?  My husband loves having 3 daughters.  He could not care less about having a boy.  I was the one who was more into having a boy then he was.  But when I found out that we were having yet ANOTHER girl, I was not sad at all.  Not to mention the fact that I couldn't imagine it any other way now that she is here and already almost one year old!

Another thing that some people say is, "I don't know what I would do with a girl...I am just not that girly."  Well, do you think I had a choice?  Even the biggest tomboy has the same chances of having a girl that I did.  And not only did it happen once, it happened 3 times.  You don't need to have that "girly" gene to give birth to a girl.  It just happens.  If you didn't know that, google it and see how a baby's gender is determined.  I don't recall it being related to the mother's choice or level of athletic ability or how feminine and girly you are. 

Don't get me wrong, there are times when I get sick of all the barbies, strawberry shortcake dolls, pink socks and pink shoes and pink everything.  But we don't always have girly pink stuff here.  My oldest daughter is the girliest one of the 3 so far.  She loves anything glittery and pink and bedazzled.  But she loves to play outside and she doesn't give a hoot if she gets dirty.  She will dig in the dirt and hold a worm right in her hand with no problem.  My 3 year old loves to throw a baseball and she likes to play outside too.  She likes anything purple but won't wear any fancy shoes.  All she wants to wear are her crocs or sneakers.  Who knows how the baby will be...but she seems pretty tough so far.

So we are not all sugar and spice over here.  And we are most certainly not always everything nice.  I can guarantee that.  These girls fight and yell and wrestle and get dirty.  Then they retreat to their pepto pink colored room and play Barbies for hours on end.  It's a little of everything...and I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Even though I am horrible at responding to comments, I read every one (even the spam comments trying to sell me cheap Christian Louboutins). Leave a nice comment and I will buy you a drink...someday.